Doula Hannah Cason
Service Area: Portland Metropolitan Area, Columbia County, and Washington County
Phone number: 503-369-7468
“A good Doula advocates for you.
A great Doula shares her knowledge,
helps you find your voice in that wisdom,
and stands by your side as you advocate for yourself.
A priceless Doula knows the difference.”
Fees: My fees are based on a very open sliding scale and differ depending on situational needs. Please feel free to check out my website for more details, or contact me and we will discuss what your specific rate might look like.
- A minimum of 2 Prenatal visits to discuss what to expect
- Resources throughout pregnancy, birth and postpartum
- Unlimited telephone and email support throughout the time of hire and up to 12 weeks postpartum
- On call availability beginning at 38 weeks gestation and until the time of delivery
- In-home support prior to traveling to the birthing destination
- Birth; physical, emotional, and informational support throughout labor and delivery, and up to 2 hours post birth
- Breastfeeding support immediately postpartum
- 1 to 2 postpartum visits in your home to help with Birth Story Processing, offer advice and tips for baby care, and answer any questions as well as offer resources
- A back up Doula is available if necessary
Born in Portland, Oregon as the third of five children, I grew up in a loving, Christian family and fell in love with birth and babies at a very young age. My mother, working as a Registered Nurse in the Intensive Care Unit at Providence Portland, was a huge influence on my early passion. I started my first job in my (very) early teenage years, as a babysitter. This would develop into professional Nanny care as I continued to work with various families of different sizes, cultures and parenting structures.
I attended Spokane Falls Community College earning an Associates degree in Applied Sciences and Technology. Once the degree was finished, I dove straight back in to school and went to Birthingway College of Midwifery, becoming a Certified Birth Doula in 2013. Two years later I became a Certified Postpartum Doula through the same college. My other work experience consists of; Front Office Manager in a Hearing Healthcare Clinic, Front of House in an Irish Restaurant and Pub, Caretaker in a Nanny Agency, and Birth & Postpartum Doula in a Doula Agency. I have also been a volunteer Birth Doula with the Gateway Doula Project at Providence Portland since 2017.
I became a Birthworker from the desire to help women through one of the most memorable moments in their lives. Personally seeing the difference that warm care and solid support can make in a birthing experience, I became devoted to providing this to expecting parent(s). I support meeting you where you are, no matter what that looks or feels like. I have experience with hospitals, birthing centers and homebirths.
You can also find me at;
Doula Match: https://doulamatch.net/profile/10547/hannah-cason