Every Mama Doula Services
Serving Portland and the surrounding area (Tigard, Beaverton, Tualatin, Lake Oswego, Happy Valley, Oregon City, Vancouver)
Free in-home consultation
When my son was born in 2012, I experienced first-hand how overwhelming life with a newborn can be. I was completely unprepared for the physical, emotional, and practical challenges of those early days and weeks and I was unable to fully experience the joy and wonder of that fleeting time.
During my second pregnancy I followed the advice of our midwife and sought out a Postpartum Doula. The difference was profound. I discovered that having a knowledgeable and empathetic woman by my side allowed me to truly enjoy my daughter and to feel confident in my ability to care for and nourish her.
As a Certified Postpartum Doula I will provide you with the individualized support you need following the birth or adoption of your baby, recognizing that each family is unique. This support can include:
- Education and assistance with newborn care
- Breastfeeding and/or bottle-feeding support
- Preparation of meals and snacks
- Light housekeeping (laundry, dishes, etc.)
- Sibling care and integration
- Compassionate, non-judgmental emotional support as you process the birth and adjust to life with a newborn
- Care for baby while you take a much-needed nap or shower
In addition to my work as a Postpartum Doula, I volunteer with Baby Blues Connection, a non-profit that provides support, information and resources to women and families coping with pregnancy and postpartum mood disorders.
When I am not supporting new mothers, I can be found baking muffins, reading books aloud, or marveling at the boundless energy and creativity of my two wild children.